“From the very beginning, there were things I could take action on, things I could dig into, resources. I walked away having a good sense of things that I could immediately put into practice, things that I could apply, review, and think about. My one-on-one coaching with him…has been transformative…”
– Sara Skillen, COC, CPO, Owner, SkillSet Organizing
Ideal Coaching Scenarios
- Sorting through difficult or confusing situations
- Improving communication and having difficult conversations
- Aligning leadership teams
- Finding effective ways to work with difficult people
- Pushing through fear of conflict and managing it well
- Strengthening professional relationships
- Managing work stress and experiencing greater professional fulfillment
- Shifting corporate culture and increasing employee engagement
Adapted from Coach the Person, Not the Problem by Marcia Reynolds, Psy.D., MCC. Used with permission of the author.
“Ben is a great communicator with a unique ability to connect with his clients on an empathetic level…I would highly recommend Ben and you will be rewarded with a very positive experience.”
– Scott Womack, Sr. Vice President, Mercer Capital
Executive Coaching provides a private and creative space for business and organizational leaders to deepen their leadership effectiveness. Ben Papa is a credentialed Executive Coach who serves as a sounding board, accountability partner, and trusted collaborator around what is working and needs to be more fully leveraged, what needs to improve, and how to take targeted action accordingly.
While every client is different, Ben typically starts coaching with clients completing three assessments so the coaching can be tailored to your unique style and needs:
- Enneagram – measures your core internal motivation
- Hogan – measures how other people experience you based on your behavior at work and elsewhere
- Leadership Circle Profile – 360 assessment that measures how your particular mix of current colleagues – peers, direct reports, boss – perceive you across a range of measures.
This suite of assessments allows you and Ben to work together to articulate a focus for the coaching that will make a lasting difference in your leadership effectiveness at work, and your professional success more generally.
“Ben is a natural at helping individuals, companies and organizations get to the heart of what matters to them and working through the obstacles that keep them from success. He leads people through the hard questions, conflict resolution, goal setting and so much more. Ben is a leader and a learner while being grounded in experience and confidence.”
– Jenny Emerson, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
From there, coaching is an active, dynamic, and iterative process that typically lasts six months. Ben walks alongside you as you develop new perspectives and deeper capacities. Drawing from cutting edge neuroscientific research, evidence-based leadership assessments, and the ancient wisdom of the Enneagram, Ben supports leaders in learning to consistently access all three intelligence centers – thinking, feeling, and doing – in a synergistic way that allows you to implement real and lasting change. In short, coaching closes the critical gap between the leader knowing what needs to be done, and actually doing what needs to be done in an effective and lasting way.
Return on Investment of Executive Coaching
Investing in the effectiveness of a company’s leaders provides a very strong financial return for the business. The following was compiled by the Buffalo Niagara Partnership:
- Companies receive an average return of $7.90 for every $1 devoted to executive coaching (MetrixGlobal LLC).
- MetrixGlobal also reported a 529% ROI and numerous intangible benefits to the business after studying executive coaching in a Fortune 500 firm.
- Executive coaching provides an average ROI of nearly 6 times the coaching cost (Manchester Inc.).
- Coaching combined with training boosts productivity by an average of 86% compared to 22% with training alone (Personnel Management Association report).
- A study on executive coaching’s effect revealed an average ROI of 5.7 times the initial investment or a return of over $100,000. (Manchester Inc. study).
Contact us to schedule a free, no obligation strategy conversation about how our Team Coaching, Workshops, or Executive Coaching services can get you and your team on the fast track to sustained leadership effectiveness and increased business success.